5/10/11

Saying goodbye

We got our puppy Eva, an English Mastiff for Christmas in 2009, I believe.  She was a great dog, and although she was bigger, even when we got her, she was pretty well manored.  Here she is at 6 months.

She loved Hadley, as you can tell..along with all the other kids.  She even had one batch of puppies.





Puppy cuteness!



Anyways, unfortunatly, Eva was very big and very strong.  She broke her chain a couple times and managed to get out of her collar too (don't ask me how though, we had that thing TIGHT! Anyways, she had a passion for chickens.  I told Brandon if she wanted a chicken a day, I would give her one...but she prefered the challenge, I guess.  The 2nd time she was caught in a chicken coop, I said that is enough.  I refused to let my dog be a menace and run loose around town like other dogs seem to do.  So, a quick add on craigslist and freecycle and about a week later, we found a wonderful home for her in Utah.  From what we hear, she was recently in heat and they decided to breed her with another mastiff. So, by this point we figure she is probably pregnant again.  Bianca had the nerve to ask me if we could get one of her puppies...hahaha, fat chance!
So, we took a bunch of pictures the night they came to pick her up.  Kyla was at a friends house, which was probably for the best. Except I don't have any pictures of her with Eva.




Hadley and Eva have always been best buds.  

Cadence was very cautious around her.  She would get mad
and scream and scream if I went past Eva to get to the basement
she didn't want to see Eva, but she knew I went that way.  
It was actually pretty funny. But it got to the point that if 
I asked where the dog was she would run to the backporch
and do the sign for dog.







2 comments:

The Van Fam said...

You had Eva before we moved. We left in February of 2009, so it must have been Christmas of 2008. That was the Christmas we had at the Cabin.

Lisa said...

Yup, you're right. I was trying to remember the year. We picked her up in Utah after we left the cabin.