3/30/10

Our boys' birthday

This year was the 5 year anniversary our our twins' birth/death.  I did better than I thought I would.  It was a good day. 
We love sunflowers.  The story behind them was on the way home from Utah after loosing the boys.  It was rough. I never thought I would go to that hospital and come home empty handed.  I just wanted them to be alive.  All the way home in the ditches between the two roads, were sunflowers.  More sunflowers than I'd ever seen before.  It was wonderful!  It made us so happy.  Somehow those flowers just made things better.  We felt like they were put there on that day just for us.  Everyone says on the way to Utah from Idaho just 2 days before, those flowers wern't there.  So, from that day on, sunflowers have been one of my favorite.  They always make me think of Andrew and Brayden and make me happy.  The house we lived in when we lost them...the year after started growing a sunflower that would always branch off and make just 2 flowers.  Then we moved and I drove by the year after we moved out..the flowers didn't come that year. 
So, we always put 2 sunflowers on the boys' grave on July 13th.  This year, I'd been watching and couldn't find sunflowers anywhere.  They hadn't bloomed yet.  I was SO sad.  I watched all the way from Newdale to Rexburg.  I just kept thinking..."I just need 2 sunflowers, that's all I ask for"  We turned down the cemetary road and about halfway down...there they were!! Just 2 sunflowers. 
So, of course, Brandon got them for me.




Gabe and Hadley are finally starting to learn about Andrew and Brayden





All my kids



Love this picture

Thanks to everyone who loves our boys....We look forward to seeing them in the next life.  We know that what happened to them was supposed to happen.  Heavenly Father truly loves us and knows what is best.  He will always be there for us in times of trouble and happy moments too. 

No comments: